
Anyhow, I think I disgressed. I spent the afternoon at Rebecca's house baking nothing. Haha. Not quite. We were supposed (and I stress on this word) to bake some muffins. Some general comments about her place: I will NEVER EVER want to live there! It has so many ants! You see ants everywhere. From the living room to the kitchen to the tables to the floor to the door. wherever. You get my drift. Thank goodness her room is ant-free at the moment! That was my only little dungeon which I could hide in.
Remembered her bag was once infested with ants when she came to class. Imagine the horror!!!! I was so freaked out, and am still freaking out at the thought of it. And hey, that resulted in me not sleeping in class for the entire day cause I was so afraid they'd crawl up my sleeve and my toes and my uniform and my hair. Eeekkkss!! Hahahaha! Okay, sorry. :(
So i decided to upload a few photos for some memories' sake.

This was our useless recipe. Raisin Muffins. Oh yes, now I remember. That was the exact name of our muffins.

This was attempt number one. The first layer, i.e.: the skin of the muffin was edible. Above average. Smooth. BUT, as you can see, the filling was too wet. Soaked and filled to the brim with a milky stench. Gluey. You'll basically puke after eating it. Oh. Too sweet! Jocelyn's fault. She's a bad baker, that you must understand.

So obviously, you know where the muffin went after that. Along with the rubbish, it must make the bin its home as well. Whose fault? There's only an answer to that! That jaws lah! Aiya. Always act like some pro. Haha! So master chefs, Audrey and Rebecca came to her rescue after that. Okay. So here goes.
COMPARE AND CONTRAST attempt one and two. Now with my expertise, the filling was of course better. But I wonder why the skin didn't want to rise as nicely as the first. I thought and pondered hard. It HAD to be the recipe! I read it several times, thoroughly of course, and even made sure nothing went wrong. Yet, the filling was soaked through with milk and butter and all sorts of mad stuff! Okay. Imagine how angry I was! I thought of sueing the person who wrote it. Even the batter looked weird and wet. Spot the alliteration?! Yes, it helps me to better emphasize my point.
Now now. You see, the three of us are very persevering and determined sorta people. So. The last resort, and the last straw- CHANGE the recipe! Whose idea? Of course all credits to Rebecca and I! Or is it Rebecca's idea? Never mind. Anyway, my point is.. it was definitely not Jocelyn's. Haha! We improvised and made it our own (you know basically how we change Shakespeare's works here and there so he can transcend all boundaries kinda thing?)
Similarly, I was hoping my muffins could transcend all heat and waveforms and boundaries. Never did I expect them to turn out like albinos! They were as white as snow. Like some schneemann in Schneeland! Auf dem Stuhl sitzen. Haha! I thought the muffins reminded me very much of some white dalmatio
n with lotsa poker dots.
This is what improvisation can do to you. HAHA!
I was praying and hoping that at least these albino muffins were up to some decent standard so that we could eat them. I was even thinking of bringing some home to share it with my friends. Meaning- forcing Elizabeth to eat it on Saturday. Haha!
I took a deep breath. Sliced open the muffins.
So did the quality turn out well? Hmm. I shan't comment on that. But i'll show you something instead. Maybe this will give you the answer.



THE END
No comments:
Post a Comment