Friday, June 23, 2006

After all the hussle and bussle, my 14day European Wonder has finally concluded with a trip across the English Channel to Dover. I spent two days in London, and am now in Muenster, awaiting the start of the immersion programme. Cant believe I have been away for 18 days. Man. It feels like 5 days. Time really flies when youre travelling. The best part is- I am REALLY enjoying myself with NO curfew, no restrictions and stuff like that. It is really ironic cause now without a curfew, I am actually back earlier than 11pm. Yes. On My Own Accord. (: Its really too cold out there and no shops are open. Would love to drink but my friend over here is allergic to alcohol (of all things?!) and I dont have excess cash to splurge on drinks.

One thing though. Accomodation over the last 18 days really sucked like shit. There was once when I had to pay 1 Euro (2 Sing dollars) for a 5 minute hot water flow in Munich! Thats absolutely ridiculous. The system crashed on me. Its a lousy system, really. I was stuck in the COLD shower for like god knows how long. I thought I almost died. But well. Thank God thank God for Liz.. I survived.

Loved the great food over the past weeks. Man. Some sucked. Thanks to Craig for not 'whipping up a good enough storm'. His speciality, i.e.: Lagasnia wasnt *that* great after all. But nonethess,
I had:
Escargoes from France
Swiss Roll from Switzerland
Florentine Cream Gelato Ice Cream from Florence
Black ink Spaghetti and Home Made Raviolli from Venice (after TWO FAILED tries from the stupid cafes. DONT even attempt to TRY spaghetti from CAFES! They serve microwaved pasta. like who cant cook that right?!)
Wonderful yum yum bread from France and ESP from Venice. Something that you can NEVER taste in Singapore
Cornish pastry, Scotch Eggs and Chilli con Carne from London
Super smooth and not yuckified beer courtesy of an Australian guy (er i dont know his name) in the Biergarten, Munich.

Lovely. And yes, I put on hell a lot of weight. I reckon I put on at least 3kg. Yuppers! In a short span of two weeks. Now, thats TOTALLY unacceptable. Following this, I believe I will be eating a whole load of pork knuckles and sauerkaut and wurst salat. Okay. Like what the hell. I think I may have even put on another 3kg. So that makes it 6kg. Itll seem really tough for me to lose them when I return to Singapore. And itll take lotsa, lotsssaaa time I reckon.

I am craving for local dishes. Those are among the few things that I so badly miss in Singapore. I want to eat chicken rice now. Or perhaps fish ball soup would be good. Anything from holland V? I am sick of bread. Oops. I forgot. I shouldnt be thinking of food. Argh. I can barely fit into my brown pants now. Please dont tell me I put on weight when I am back. I gotta feeling I will get a terrible shock when I step on the weighing machine. Thats the FIRST thing I am going to do when I get home.

I am really very preoccupied with my weight. I am hell so fat. Eeks. I am gonna look horrendous with that balloned face, arms, tighs and whats not.

Okay. Enough ramblings I suppose.
I bought lotsa gifts for lotsa people. People who have helped me in one way or another. People whom I wanna show my gratitude to. Spent a bomb actually. Wanna know if youre in it? haha! We shall see. I am more or less done with the gifts. Dont know if the people will like them.

Anyway. Its really difficult to carry.. and let me tell you.. Carrying a 20kg bag up many flights of stairs and cars and slopes aint exactly the easiest.
So if Ive gotten you anything.. Wah lao. You had better appreciate it lah! Regardless if you LIKE it OR not. hahah.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment