Im finally at the german home after months and months of preparation and anticipation. Everythings well and good so far. They gave Glory and I a room EACH. Wunderbar (which translates to wonderful, naturally)! Im so glad cause I have this really spacious room, overviewing a miniature garden. Theres a half full length fenster (window), a computer and a television. I feel like Im living in luxury at the moment. Glory and I have the basement (more or less) to ourselves... with a bathroom and a sauna. But um. The host didnt exactly say we could use the suana. So oh well.
The only downside is... Im not able to access my email and log into msn, and access many other important websites. What a dread. Access to all important websites is denied, except to blogger. haha! I think Im behind some firewall or something. I cant even access the nus mail or IVLE for that matter. Bummers. But well, as long as I can surf the net and blog, I dont think I will complain for now.
My afternoon was splendid. See, Im living with some Deutschland fußball fanatics. Today, Germany was playing against Sweeden. Few family friends came over to watch the match. I thought it was really hilarious when everyone had to (literally) stand to attention during the German National Anthem before the commencement of the match. Everyone was singing really loudly and stuff like that. Haha. It is hell of an experience man. Germany scored 2 goals. Each time they scored a goal, the father of the family would play some song on the hi-fi (I think its the anthem) in the background and everyone would cheer. I was quite amazed at how everything went seriously. I will never get to see something like that in Singapore man! It feels so alive here!
Ich habe ein bier getrunken und habe die Füßballspiele gesehen. (I was drinking beer and watching the match). And of course breathing in the smoke from the cigarettes. Yes. Fully immersing myself in the German spirit and culture. To be honest, I am not a beer fanatic. But oh man, the beer in Germany is AWESOME! I love it to bits and I thought one glass wasnt sufficient. But of course, I didnt really want to ask for more and stuff like that.
Dinner was absolutely great as well. Had deutsches curry und wurst and some chicken thing und wurstsalat und bread. Yummilious. I told you I will put on more weight. Oh well. Whatever. The family even said they'll cook some thai and italian cuisine during the course of my stay. Man. I cant wait for it. I havent eaten Thai food in a long long time! Cant wait, cant wait!
I'll be starting school on Monday. Oh bummers and dreads. I have to learn how to speak more Deutsch again. Bummers and dreads. I wish I dont have to study. It should be playday all the time!
I will be back in less than 3 weeks' time. 20 days more to be exact. Im neither looking forward nor dreading it. Im looking forward to more playtime and eating time though.
I wonder how Liz is coping at the other hand. Her family looks like an old one. I wonder what she is having for dinner now, and how her unpacking is coming along. She must be as glad as me to be able to iron ALL the crumpled clothes. Haha! Cant wait to hear from her tomrrow.
Glad to be living with Glory. Shes nice. No complains about that as well. Seems like alls good and fine for me. Hopefully, I will be able to log on to msn real soon. I wanna talk to people. I feel so out of touch with Singapore!
Im gonna sleep early. For all those out there who read my blog, please leave tags. Or maybe, sms me. I will reply when I can. I wanna contact Singapore. I am still a Singaporean at heart. Meanwhile, you take care! I need to sleep now. Its freezing cold here. Im living in an icebox btw.
No comments:
Post a Comment