As you can probably expect, I always begin my post with some lamentations about the yummilious fattening food that Ive eaten during the course of the day. I just finished dinner with my family, and have obviously committed the sin of gluttony once again. I tried white aspagrus that the father got from the farm that day. Yummilious Bubbilious! Sehr gut. Its really fresh and juicy. I thought I would really hate those green things, aber nein... The white stems arent that bad at all! Gut!
Gobbled down one potato, three different kinds of ham (never had so many different kinds of schniken in my entire life!), half a piece of toasted bread, scrambled eggs (and more leftover scrambled eggs), and sigh a bigggg biggg bowl of soup.. Which is of course, not bad. Not too thick nor thin. Just to my liking. But Im sure it was really fattening. Ja! Given the Singapore context, it would have been a DEFINITE no-no for me. After dinner, I couldnt resist an orange, and I am feeling so full right now. It is as if I have eaten three days' worth of food.
Had lunch at the Mensa today. It sucked terribly! But nonetheless, all the fattening stuff (inclu half a portion of the cinnamon rice pudding) slid down my gullets, throat, intestines and whatever. I didnt really want to waste the money. So oh well, decided to eat those fattening food.
I have never had so many potatoes in my entire life as well! I must be a ton heavier now. The most dreaded part is.. I think I will have to eat breakfast tomorrow cause the family will be down early and stuff (and school starts early). So its not quite nice to exclude myself... If you get what I mean. More food now. More fats on the way.
The day was somewhat okay for me.
The teacher thought I was 'astonished' to learn that we'll be having 4 hours of lessons tomorrow. She even questioned me on that! Thats basically absurd! I wasnt even 'astonished' to begin with! What the hell! Anyway, her german is too complicated for me and I dont understand what she is trying to say half the time. So I kinda ignore her and just look even more astonished. Wth.
German lessons are similar to those in Singapore. Theres nothing really extraordinary today. We had to (as usual) introduce ourselves and our friends and say what we've done over the weekends. Okay. Crappy and boring. Its something that I will never choose to attend. The reason why I am here for the immersion, I guess, is because I really want to delve deeper into the German culture and get to live with a german family for some time. I guess Ive already gotten my wish, and that is why I am complaining about the price of what I have to pay in order to experience this - The lessons!
I cant believe lessons will be 4 hours tomorrow. How am I to survive that? I have 18 more days to go. Isnt that a really long time? Tomorrow, I heard Ive to walk down the streets to ask the residents questions about Münster in german.. get their reply and write it down. Alright. Sure. On wednesday, its even more ridiculous. Theres gonna be a film. What a stupid thing.
And of course, more GERMAN projects. More writeups in GERMAN. I have nothing against this. In fact, I really love the language. Its just that I think I am bored exploring and stuff. And the lessons are not hyped and engaging enough for me. No frau Verry. No entertainment.
Ive never expected this, but strangely, I am looking forward to the games and sports (and a grill thereafter) on thursday. I dont know if I am looking forward to the grill or the sports. But whatever goes.
And of course, I love Friday.. Cause the afternoon is free (for shopping) and Deutschland will be playing in the evening. So, I will definitely be home to drink beer and watch the match again.
Saturday sucks cause we'll have to explore Bremen. I dont wanna do more exploring. I am sick and tired of visiting the cathedrals after cathedrals, museums after museums. These cathedrals here cannot be compared to the magnificent ones in Italy and France anyway. So well. I hope the day will be done and over pretty soon.
Sundays free for me. Hope somethings nice is in store for me. Keeping my fingers crossed there.
Sigh. So fat. So fat. How? Sigh. I wanna go back to Singapore now. How? Sigh. I dont wanna visit more museums. How? When will the 18 days be over? In 18 days? Really? Or will it be in 81 days?
No comments:
Post a Comment