After 10 days, the German fever is beginning to subside. Although I still smile ever so widely and proudly at my immersion and travelling days, the Singaporean reality is starting to sink in. Life is starting to take its monotonous toll, and I am once again, a victim of the stay-put, hit-me swing.
I seem to have lost the bright beam in my smiles. the euphoria has been somewhat dragged away with time's wings chariot. The routine of everyday life, the sights and sounds, and the daily events have blended in with a strong mix of dullness, slowness, and to an extent, sadness. I have consumed them all.
With almost every single day packed with activities, I dont have much time to reminisce the good ole' days. But one thing's for sure- I felt very--and i stress very--happy when I was there. Sure, I hated those field trips and walking tours, but ironically, those were the events which constituted towards my happiness.
Muenster- Nordsee, the countless scoops of ice cream, house visiting, chess playing, pumpernickel, my friends and their smoking land, frequent beer trinken, my family, swimming, bridges, canals, spaghetti, elmar, santa, seedorf, wilmergasse two... I love them so much. There was always something offered everyday. Each moment, I was presented with the possibility of learning something interesting and of course, taking viel fotos.
In Muenster, I had so many great friends by my side... yesss!! esp the smoking guys. They really, really never failed to make my day! I love their company so much! Thank God all of them will be back really soon! I used to be laughing oh so hard each second of the day. It was like a make belief happiness land kinda thing. Haha! Oh I miss everything.
The grass is always greener on the other side.
Now that I am back in Singapore, I find the weather at night extremely terrifying. Its so humid and hot. I hate it quite honestly. I wish I were back in Germany. Haha! I guess if I were to go back now, I would try riding a bicycle.
I miss topdeck and craig. haha! I miss exploring europe.
Anyway, I wanna keep this blog a happy blog, filled with beautiful memories, childish rantings and bittersweet after-meal thoughts.
Therefore, I am gonna close this blog as of tonight. Okay.. maybe not close-close. But I will stop blogging so regularly as of now, unless it is to do with travel related stuff.
My trip has come to an end. this blog will similarly, come to a close.
Thanks one and all for reading about stuff pertaining to my stay in Muenster, and listening to my rants about how I put on weight.
Actually, I did put on weight. Its just that I put on weight AFTER i returned cause I have been binging quite a bit.
Das ist alles.
Ich liebe Deutschland. Und...
These 42 days, I maintain, will remain a large part of me. They are, afterall, the happiest of days of my life thus far.
For those who have contributed to make it so meaningful for me, thank you.
I dont think Ill be able to credit each and everyone here.. But itll be in my memory.
So auf wiedersehen!
I may update from time to time. But till then, tschues!
No comments:
Post a Comment