Guten Tag! I just reached home two hours ago from my swim in the canal. Had lagsania for dinner and fries with curry sauce for dinner. One and a half portions of lagsania to be exact.. Not that I really wanted to eat that much but its more of an obligation.
At first, I took a really small slice of lagsania and my family seemed to be shocked (or displeased). something like that. They termed my portion a 'baby portion'. So I felt quite pai seh and took another 'baby portion'.
I helped myself to a bigger portion, and horror of horrors.. They said I eat really little once again!!! I felt really bad.
Initially, when I came to Münster, I spent much more time with them. However, as time passed and as I gradually had more activities in the night (whether they were school oriented or not), I realised I havent been spending much time with them. At one stage, I even treated the house like a hotel.
So feeling really bad, I took helped myself to a really large portion of lagsania for the third time. Wah lao. Do the addition can! Its like I ate one and the half portions or even close to two portions. Now I am really full and I am feeling quite uncomfortable.
Just yesterday in Bonn, you wouldn't be able to imagine the amount of cheese, pizza, lagsania and whats not I had in the cafe. The food there was really good so all of us ate like oh so much. So much cheese to be exact. Same goes for me.. And I am like okay whatever. I am sick and tired of italian food now.
Strangely, even after staying in Germany for so long, I haven't had many proper german meals. I am quite disappointed actually.
Anyhow. Period. I'm done with dinner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In four days' time, I will be flying back to Singapore. As I reflect on my stay in Münster (esp with my host family), I guess I am really thankful to be given such a big room with unlimited internet access, tv, and so on. The private bathroom just outside my room is unbelievably spacious. And the best part of all.. Unlike Liz, I dont have to clean up after I bathe. I would have dreaded it to the core if I had to.
Although I dont have the privilege of being chauffeured to the train station or to school and stuff like that, my host family have been really hospitable in their own way. For this, I am really thankful. I dont think I have been a great guest, and I dont think I have been very sociable as well. I mean, I would rather hide in my room to blog and stuff rather than talk to them. Hope they arent too disappointed with me.
Thank god for the world cup. That really helped me to grow much with the family. That's one of the few things that we share in common. Now that the world cup has ended, it gets quite boring and I dont feel like talking and associating much.
I hope they arent too pissed with me. Sighh. From now on, I suppose I will start eating more. Gee. I am putting on so much weight. Its unbelievable. I dont even want to step onto the weighing scale when I am back. Dont ever tell me I look damn fat. Haha!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swimming today was undeniably damn fun. The company I had was damn great. Hmm. Wait. I think that's an understatement. I don't really know how to describe it.. But I absolutely loved it. The experience- Priceless! Can you ever imagine how it is like jumping from the bridge into the canal? From the second you jump off till the time your body is fully immersed in the water?... You just feel damn high. Haha!
The three of them really made my day! Haha! More so, I thought it was really nice of the weihan and kevin to jump off the bridge with Liz and I. And getting wedgy? Haha!!!!! Thinking back makes me smile so much. The memories are for keeps man. I will never ever forget how Liz looked before she jumped; I will never forget Kevin's 'counselling' (hes such a nice guy la, really), I will never forget how 'badly' weihan treated me(!!!! haha in a joking way of course). I will never forget today.
Had an ice cream thereafter. Obviously. How can I not have my daily scoops of ice-cream? I had after eight today. The taste is comparable to my big ice cream palour's, but I still prefer eating at the usual big ice cream palour. It's much bigger and it offers more varieties.
Sigh. More food again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beer garden and biological farm tomorrow. I cant wait. Sounds rather interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment