Monday, July 3, 2006

So Brazil is out. Quarterfinals? I am s.p.e.e.c.h.l.e.s.s. It is my second favourite team after Germany. But oh well. Go Deutschland!!! Jetzt geht's los! Really hope they win the world cup!!

I felt the football fever when Germany won Argentina last friday. (I thought it was just Argentina's luck when something happened to the goalkeeper. They werent playing *that* badly.) After the match, I dressed up as some German fan and went out to the city to party with my host family's children. I guess I dont really want to talk about it right now. Will let the pictures speak for themselves when I get back. The experience was awesome and priceless! Never, never in my life will I get to relive this. I loveddd it!

Next.

This is a very important announcement for MYSELF.
As of tomorrow, I will abandon my eat-freely plan! I will eat selectively!
This cannot go on. I realised ever since I started on the plan, I have been binging and eating excessively in huge portions. My face grew even fatter and I dont really know what to do about it. I can only lament and complain. I am starting to get irritated with my routine. Well.
As you know, I am not the kind who wakes up at 5am to go for a morning jog and do sit ups before sleeping. So there. I am starting to be quite concerned about my weight again.

Big sigh to that.

On the hindsight, I just had a damn damn nice German meal, thanks to the mum. 2 slices of Schweinebraten mit sauce (Its some pork thingee. 1 portion = 1 slice), 1 1/2 Knödeln (I call it the western version of tang yuen. Its potato like gluey thing. Oriental westernisation!) and many many servings of Redkohl (red cabbage in salt, pepper and lotsa lotsa sugar). Over dinner, I learnt that they eat Redkohl during summer and Sauerkraut (white cabbage) during winter. Ach so! Haha! I took some photos of it for eternal memory. But I doubt I managed to capture the tastiness of the food with my poor photography skills. But haha. Nevertheless, the tastiness will linger in my memory for as long as I live.

I love it when my family cooks.

Yesterday, I went to eat fish at Nordsee in Bremen again. I think I had at least 3 meals at Nordsee already can. Visit www.nordsee.de for more information. Yes I am mad. Have been spending a bomb on the different kinds of fish and bread. I have never eaten so many kinds of bread in such a short span of time. Its absolutely crazy, but Im loving it.

I'll have to eat at least two more meals there before I leave this place in less than 14 days' time. Also, I'll have to visit the chocolate place (again) and patronise the big ice cream stall to try the different flavours soon. They have more than a 100 different kinds of flavours of ice cream, so I am really excited to visit it for the first time.

I intend to buy lotsa chocolates back to store them in my fridge. it is a MUST. The rocher is so different here!!! Its not even anything like Singapore's. The chocolate is so fine, and the inner filling is well.. I dont really know how to describe it. It would not do it justice if I were to describe it as 'damn nice la!'

Anyway, I decided to control my diet come tomorrow. I hope everything will be okay and I will start losing weight. It looks like its really difficult cause the family cooks such nice food, coupled with the fact that I keep wanting to try new stuff. Moreover, there is lotsa yoghurt in the fridge and I heard its damn nice as well. I need to try it la. I am in some dire straits now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Eins und zwei und drei und)
Vierundfünfzig, vierundsiebzig, neunzig, zweitausendsechs,
ja so stimmen wir alle ein,
mit dem Herz in der Hand und
der Leidenschaft im Beinwerden
wir Weltmeister sein.

it translates to:
1 and 2 and 3 and
54, 74, 90 and 2006
(erm i dont know how translate the second phrase)
with hearts in the hand and
passion in the legs,
we will be the World cup Champion.

This song is really popular and damn nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment