My last night in Otto Hersing Weg, my last night sleeping on the bed, my last night typing on this keyboard, my last night in Münster. Come tomorrow, I will be rushing to pack all my stuff into that 60litre backpack, climbing stairs upon stairs, changing trains at different stations, finding my way around Frankfurt airport, praying my heart out for a smooth custom check in and enduring a 12 hour plane journey.
Home. Singapore. It seems so strange and far now. I feel so attached to Münster and my life now, I can scarcely remember what it is like to be in Singapore. Maybe I am exaggerating, maybe I am not, but I will definitely miss everyone here.
I felt really sad (apart from the terrible headache) during the grillabend. Elmar (this teacher nicknamed Santa. I usually make fun of him.. and he knows it) came up to each one of us to bid us goodbye.. I felt really touched (yes, yes, I am acting like a true blue girl right now). For three weeks, he has been this 'integral' part of my life.. Bringing us around different parts of germany, explaining the political system and education system, and waiting long hours for us all because we wanted to shop, stuff like that. I'll really miss him and his humour.
Frau Seedorf is one of the kindest souls I have ever met. Really enjoyed the time associating with her and listening to what she has to share with us. Initially, I didnt quite like her. But time changes everything. Her goodbye hug was extremely warm, and once again.. I was damn sad. I didnt really know how to say goodbye.. So I kinda gave a big smile and walked away.
Münster- Its always gonna be a place of memories. The new friends I have made, the company, the knowledge gained, my family and how I have learnt to appreciate them over time, the food, the travelling, the care, the love are so priceless!
On one hand I am looking back to returning to Singapore. Yet, I really cant bear to leave this comfort zone. But I know I have to. People are looking forward to my return in Singapore. Thats my reality and I have to face reality sometime somehow.
At some junctures during the past 42 days, I know I have so often looked forward to this day. All I wanted then was to return to warm old Singapore. But now, when this day is finally arriving in a matter of hours, I feel like I dont want it to come. I wanna stop time.
Sigh. But oh well. On a brighter note, I'll be going home. Singapore, I am going home. And home is where the heart lies.
No comments:
Post a Comment